St. Charles Public Library
Books,books on cassette, music tapes and CD's all on sale in the library entry. Please help support the library and pick up some bargains.
Images used throughout the web site
|Summer Reading is fun and educational. We also have varied visitors and guests. The Children learn while having loads of fun.
We enroll children from Pre-K through 3rd Grade each summer. The title and dates will be announced later.
Library hours, location, board, mission, policies.
- St. Charles Public Library
- Directory information
- Library Board
- Lists the members of the library board, their terms, and contact information.
- Library Director
- A message from the Library Director
- Meeting Rooms
- How to reserve and use
- Facebook - St. Charles (Iowa) Library
- link to Facebook page
News and Events Archive
- News and Events for 2007
- News and Events for 2008
- News and Events for 2010
- News and Events for 2011
- News and Events for 2011
- summer reading program (cont) Jun 15, 2011 from 01:00 PM to 02:00 PM — St Charles Library,
- Magic at the library
Book reviews, book lists, such as what to read next, and information on early literacy are found here.
- New Books and Reading
- Listing of new books and what people are currently reading
- Book Reviews
- Links to book review Web sites
- Find mystery series and links to your favorite crime author
- Find links to romance writers' and readers' Web sites as well as book suggestions and series descriptions
- Science Fiction
- Contains links to Web sites for all things science fiction
- Historical Fiction
- Links to Web sites for lovers of the historical fiction genre
- Find links to Web sites describing the western genre of literature
- Book Talk
- A form to submit thoughts about a book
- Suggestion for Purchase
- Use this form to make purchase suggestions to the library.
Find out about our city - history, maps, and general information. Also find links to local businesses, churches, and the city and county Web sites.
- Our Community
- Find out who we are and what makes St. Charles a great place to live.
- Who We Are
- Find the demographic profile for our city as provided by the State Data Center.
- Our City
- Here is a link to our city's Web site.
- Our County
- Here is a link to our county's Web site.
We want to hear from you. Contact the Library Director and staff. Fill out an online feedback form.
- Ask A Librarian
- Use this form to submit your questions to the library.
- Library Information
- Library Information Description
- Library Staff
Find lots of links to useful Web sites. Included is a link to help with any questions you may have regarding legal information related to schools
- Subject Guides
- Need help navigating the Internet? Use these subject guides as a place starting place.
- Online magazines, newspapers and other reference tools
- Consumer health information
- Iowa Center for the Book
- Promoting books, reading, libraries and literacy
- Iowa Heritage Digital Collections
- An online repository of Iowa history and culture
- Iowa Publications Online
- An online repository of Iowa government publications
- Iowa Locator
- An online catalog of lowa library items
- State Data Center
- Census data, government statistics about Iowa and more
- 1.3 billion items in more than 10,000 libraries worldwide
- What are you looking for?
- This is a great place to start your search for information
- Law Library
- find here answers to your legal questions
- Iowa Geological Survey Annual Report (1893-1941)
- Information on Iowa topography and geological formations of all counties. Also usage of same. (crops, livestock, minerals
There are currently no results for this search.
Also in this section
- Past Events
- Events which have already happened.
Links and information for teens.
- All Music Guide
- Look for information on your favorite artists, songs, and style of music.
- ACT Test Prep
- Sample tests, tips, and other information from ACT, Inc.
- BLS Career Information
- Get information about careers that might interest you based on your favorite subjects in school.
- Collegeboard.com: SAT
- A full-length SAT practice test and scoring guide.
- Health Information from FDA for Teens
- Health information from the U.S. Food and Drug Administration. Includes articles on topics like playing a sport with exercise-induced asthma, how loud music affects your ears, and how to prevent STD's. From FDA Consumer Magazine.
- A great place to find book reviews by other teens, author interviews, and information about new titles
- U.S. News.Com Education
- A very useful source for students selecting a college or university
Find out what's going on at the library!
- Friends to hold open house Dec. 11
- Dec. 11 The Friends of the Library will hold an Open House at the library.
There are several ways you can help your library.
All the services and programs that the library offers.
- Use Our Library
- Find out about all the services and programs that the library offers.
web sites to fun for young people
- pbs critters
- Educational site that makes learning about animals fun. Third grade and above.
- Fun to Doodle with computer`
- This is a super site for kids of all ages - if they like to draw or need extra practice with writing their letters.
- Learning Planet
- Learning activities for preschool through sixth grade.
- Professor Garfield
- Critical thinking games that kids will fight to play: reading,math,science,history,music andart
- Enchanted Learning
- Dozeens of rebus rhymes on every theme imaginable. Good for early and struggling readers.
- PBS KIDS games
- Lots of online learning games for young kids (k-2). alphabetgames, numbers,adventure games and puzzles. Kids have fun and learn at the same time.
- Dozens of rebus rhymes on every theme imaginable
- Guys Read
- If boys are introduced to this site they go back again and again. Featues books that guys really like and presents them in a macho style
- Story Place for Preschoolers
- Stories with accompanying online activities and printable paper-pencil follow-up activities.
- Learning Planet
- Interactive activities to help kids learn math,languages,problem solving and grammar. Learning activities for preschool through grade six. This site sells stuff, but the fee activities are good.
- A Walk in the Woods
- A really cool site that narrates and shows words at the same time in English or Spanish. It is about plants, trees and some animals found in the woods.
- 50 States
- everything you want to know about any state in the union, including interesting trivia. Easy to navigate.
- yuckiest site on the internet
- stories, games and activities on the "yucky" topics kids like - worms, bodily functions, etc. Gross stuff kids like.
- Click here to find baseball info, such as stats, videos, instructions, and all about baseball.
- Chemistry and Physics
- For anyone needing or wanting to know about the elements that make the state of matter.
- Maisy's Fun Club
- Preschool site with book character Maisy. You can play games,read some of Maisey's books and meet her friends.
- Animal Fact Guide
- Learn interesting facts about animals around the world including animal videos such as the rere pygmy hippopotamus.
- Kids Click
- A directory of sites selected by librarians for elementary and middle school students.
- School Time Games
- A collection of games for learning and fun, from math games and logic puzzles to arcade style games.
- Children's favorite stories for Preschool and Elementary children.
- Activity TV
- Childdren of all ages can learn and create a variety of crafts ranging from origami to jewelry and play games or other educational activities.
- Horizon Magic Porthole
- Enter through the porthole into the fascinating and fragile world of coral reefs.